My friend and fellow writer, Faye Rapoport DesPres, recently chose my blog as one of five for what’s known as The Liebster Award. Her own blog was chosen by writer Mariam Kobras.
A lovely feeling of kindness arises in naming ones favorite bloggers in this way; and the kindness grows geometrically, it seems. If only we understood that more often and in more situations in our lives.
According to Faye’s blog, the Liebster Blog Award originated in Germany. Liebster means “favorite” or “dearest,” and the recipient of this award agrees to the following:
1. Show your gratitude to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them. (Thank you, Faye! Visit her blog http://blog.fayerapoportdespres.com/)
2. Reveal your top 5 picks for the award, and let them know. As Faye notes, it’s tough to pick 5 from the many great blogs out there, but here are mine: Joy Castro, Erika Sanders, Natasia Langfelder, Evan Sanders, and Melissa Varnavass
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people in the blogsphere.
5. And last, have fun and spread the karma!
And while I have lifted much of the instruction and very wording from Faye’s own blog, I do want to honor the 5 (and if you count Faye’s blog, the 6) of my favorite and/or dearest blogs out in the blogsphere.
Keep on writing, everyone, giving your magnificent voices to the world.
Congratulations to all bloggers who take the time to show us a little something different about the our lives through their writing eyes. It’s a great new age and medium for communication, when done well. And these bloggers do it well.